Albany Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Do you need the services of a car accident lawyer? If you live in Albany GA and have been in a car accident, you may need a car wreck lawyer. When we leave home for work or school, the last thing we think about is getting into a car accident. However, on average, 5 people die every day in car accidents in Georgia. Despite growing safety concerns, the number of auto accidents in Georgia continues to increase every year. If you are injured in a car wreck, you need to contact a car accident attorney in Albany, Georgia. The same applies if a loved one is involved in a pedestrian accident.
There are a few things you need to do if you’re in a car accident. The first thing is to always call the police. No matter how minor the accident, it’s important to document that incident. You are going to need a police report for an insurance claim or a lawsuit. The police report provides a lot of important information that you may need later on.
The second thing you need to do after a car crash is to seek immediate medical treatment. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, it’s important to get checked out. You could have internal injuries or other injuries that aren’t obvious at the time of the accident. You also need to document your injuries in case you need them for legal reasons later.
A Car Accident Attorney Can Deal with the Insurance Company
If you’re in a uber accident or car accident due to somebody else’s negligence, you need to file an insurance claim. Your claim is going to be for property damage, medical bills and any out of pocket expenses. When you file your claim, include a copy of the police report. Hopefully, the insurance company will approve your claim and pay your claim in full. However, more times than you may think, the insurance company denies your claim. If this happens to you, you need a car accident attorney.
Your car accident injury lawyer can deal with the insurance company so you don’t have to. They will find out why your claim was denied and try to get it approved. Some of the reasons your claim may have been denied include:
- The policy wasn’t valid. It may have lapsed or been canceled for non-payment.
- The claim wasn’t filed properly.
- The insurance company believes you were the party at fault.
- The insurance company doesn’t believe you were injured. Alternatively, they may believe your injuries were caused by something other than the accident.
Regardless of the reason, your attorney can try to get your claim paid. Keep in mind, if the policy wasn’t valid, there is little your lawyer can do to get a claim paid. You will have to file a claim under an uninsured motorist’s program or take legal action against the driver directly.
- 1 Car Accident Injury Lawyers
- 2 A Car Accident Attorney Can Deal with the Insurance Company
- 3 Auto Accident Lawyers Handle All Types of Cases
- 4 Some of the most common types of accidents include:
- 5 What Kind of Damages Can an Auto Accident Attorney Get Me?
- 6 Contact a Car Accident Lawyer
- 7 Annual Scholarship
Auto Accident Lawyers Handle All Types of Cases
Most accidents are minor. The drivers and passengers walk away from the scene with no injuries. However, there are times when an accident causes serious injuries or even death. Most of the car accident fatalities in Georgia involve speeding. The only type of accident that causes more injuries and deaths is impaired driving. The troubling thing is that both of these types of accidents are 100% preventable.
Personal injury accident lawyers handle all types of car accident cases including bicycle accidents or even truck accidents. They have decades of experience going after insurance companies and individual defendants for damages related to car accidents. They will go to bat for you to get you the compensation yo deserve.
Some of the most common types of accidents include:
Accidents caused by speeding are the most dangerous kind. Because of the speed involved, the impact when the cars hit is tremendous. Depending on how fast they are going, the passengers can be crushed or thrown from the car. Some of the injuries caused by speeding are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Internal injuries
Despite stories on the news about deaths caused by drunk driving, it still happens all the time. People drink and get behind the wheel of their car with no regard to innocent people on the road. With today’s opioid epidemic, there are even more accidents due to impaired driving than ever before. People are selfish. There is simply no excuse for impaired driving in this day and age of ridesharing. If the other driver is convicted of drunk or impaired driving, your lawyer will use this in your civil case.
When one driver slams into another car head-on, the consequences can be deadly or if one of the drivers in on a motorcycle. Usually, this type of accident involves one car swerving into oncoming traffic at a high rate of speed. The victim has no idea the car is coming so they are taken totally by surprise. There is no way to prepare for a head-on collision. The injuries associated with a head-on collision may include:
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Facial disfigurement
This type of accident is the most common. Thankfully, most rear-end accidents don’t result in major injuries. However, they do still cause property damage and minor injuries. Whiplash is a very common injury from rear-end accidents. Whiplash is almost impossible to prove. The only way to convince a jury of whiplash is to have a doctor testify to your injuries. This is why it’s always important to seek medical treatment following a rear-end car accident.
What Kind of Damages Can an Auto Accident Attorney Get Me?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you are entitled to certain damages. Any losses you suffer as a result of an accident must be documented. Your auto accident attorney will pursue the insurance company for all of the damages you have suffered. If the other driver has no insurance, your lawyer will pursue the driver personally. He will demand that you be compensated for all of your losses.
Some of the damages your auto accident attorney will demand are easy to measure. These include:
- Lost wages – You will be compensated for any time you missed from work. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could miss a significant amount of work. Even if you took a vacation or sick leave to cover your time, your lawyer can demand that you be compensated.
- Medical bills – Your lawyer is going to demand that all of your medical bills be paid. This includes bills that you have already paid and any bills that may arise in the future. Your attorney can hire experts to testify to the care you will need for months or years to come.
- Property damage – Most accidents cause some property damage. Your car may need to be repaired. It may be completely destroyed. Either way, you are going to get compensation for the damage. Your lawyer will list any property damage in your claim or lawsuit.
- Pain and suffering – Georgia allow you to claim pain and suffering damages for your accident. The amount you will receive for pain and suffering depends on the following:
- How much pain were you in following the accident?
- Have you experienced depression or anxiety as a result of the accident?
- Are you expected to be in pain going forward?
- How serious were your injuries?
Hopefully, your attorney will be able to negotiate a settlement with the other driver’s insurance company. If not, he will have no choice but to file a lawsuit. He will list all of your damages in your lawsuit complaint. It’s important to remember that it is not your car crash attorney’s job to make you rich. It is his job to make you whole. You can only demand damages for injuries you have actually suffered. You will have to provide proof of your damages.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been in a car accident, you will need to contact a car accident attorney. You are going to need an experienced professional by your side. Contact one today to schedule your initial consultation. The consultation is free. It gives you a chance to discuss your case with a skilled auto accident attorney. You can get an idea of just how strong your case is. You can also find out how much your case may be worth.
For your initial consultation, bring:
- A copy of the police or accident report
- Contact information for any eyewitnesses
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Medical records related to your injuries
- Contact information for the other driver’s insurance company
- Correspondence you have received from the other driver’s lawyer or insurance company
It’s important that you don’t attempt to deal with the defendant alone. Experienced lawyers for car accidents will prove invaluable. You can bet the insurance company is going to have a knowledgeable lawyer for car accident defending them, so you need to have one as well. You need to protect your rights and make sure you get all the compensation you deserve. A car injury attorney will fight to get you every dime you deserve.
Contact a car accident attorney today because the initial consultation is FREE and you pay nothing until we settle your case.