Baby, Teen Die After Midtown High-Speed Chase Ends in Crash

A three-month-old baby boy died on Thursday, October 1 after suffering injuries in a Midtown high-speed chase that ended in a crash on Wednesday night.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner said Cayden Good succumbed to his injuries after he was taken to Children’s Hospital of Atlanta in critical condition.

The Georgia State Patrol confirmed that 18-year-old Anjanae McClain also died in the crash.

According to police, it all began when a Georgia State Trooper attempted to stop a BMW that was going in excess of 120 miles per hour on I-75 close to Howell Mill. 

The unnamed suspect rear-ended McClain’s Nissan Altima on 10th Street.

The teenager died at the scene while three other passengers in her car were transported to Atlanta Medical Center in stable condition. 

Meanwhile, police said the driver of the BMW ran away, but he was caught on camera and warrants were being sought for his arrest.

The 25-year-old is facing multiple charges relating to the pursuit and crash. 

McClain’s sister Fredricia Harlem-Cain was one of the passengers in the vehicle. In a Facebook live video following the accident, she recounted what happened.

Harlem-Cain said they were waiting for a red light to turn green when “everything just went black”. 

She said she was able to crawl out of the car and check on the other passengers including her boyfriend and his niece.

Harlem-Cain said she found her sister was in the backseat and she couldn’t wake her. She recalled taking the baby out of his car seat and trying to wake him, noting that he moved a little.

Meanwhile, Harlem-Cain said her boyfriend flew through the windshield and landed some distance away from the car.

She said he had to get surgery on his leg and had marks and scrapes about the body along with a gash on his side. Her car was unrecognizable, she added.

If you lost a loved one in a crash or suffered serious injuries, a Georgia car accident lawyer can help you to get compensation.


Related Articles